The Victoria Secret Fashion show is attributed as one of the best fitness inspiration annually and it will be held in Shanghai, China. We will all witness the angels wearing their seductive underwear but how do these models train for the runway? Most of them work tirelessly in the gym.These models do a lot of workouts and they are very cautious about their diets. They particularly concentrate more on their leg muscles which is a problematic area to most ladies out there.
Joe holder who is a performance coach and a Nike trainer in New York is recognized for the success of angels like Cindy Bruna, Bella Hadid, Maria Borges,Georgia Fowler and Romee Stridj. He focuses on athletic based training.His approach focuses specifically on weightlifting, compound movements and strategic conditioning.
Here are the workouts that can help you stay slim and don’t look over-trained or pumped. It is vital to remember that these exercises are just tools to increase your performance.However, you need to incorporate aspects such as sleeping,training and nutrition.
1.Maria Borges(Press, Rotation ,Pulse)
This exercise involves tying the band on a weight track which provides stability.
- Stand maintain an upright position with your feet wider than your shoulder’s width apart
- The right side of your body should face resistance band while slightly bending your knees.
- Hold a tout band in your arms in an extended position out from your body.
- Pulse your arms five times.
- Pull arms towards your chest and press them out.
- Rotate your hands and torso to the left with the left foot being the pivot then return to the centre. When doing this ensure your arms are in a straight position.
- Pull your arms towards your chest and pull them outwards.
- Repeat the entire sequence but ensure to stand firm so that you wont be pushed back by the band.
2. Cindy Bruna’s workouts
To perform this exercise, you need to adhere to the following:
- Stand with your back inclined to the prowler
- Squat and place your hands on the side handles
- Keep the core as tight as possible and shoulders back and down
- Lean contrary to the prowler and start stepping back
The prowler is ideal for the aerobic and the anaerobic conditioning.
3. Georgia Fowler
- Tie the resistance band around the weight track.
- Hold the band in the right hand and ensure it is taut then get into a place but keep the dumbbell close to the left hand.
- Extend the right arm and the left leg.
- Hold the dumbbell using your left hand side then pull it back until your elbow passes the torso.
- Lower your arm back and down for three steps.
- Repeat the entire sequence with the other side.
4. Bella Hadid step-ups
When performing this exercise:
- Stand to face a bench.
- Hold the dumbbell.
- Keep your shoulders back and down.
- Step the bench with your left foot.
- Pull the leg to rise to the full extension.
- Bring your right leg towards the left.
- Step back to the starting position and repeat the exercise using the other leg.
5. Romee Stridj runner’s workouts
This exercise is performed as follows:
- Place the resistance band around your calves with your left feet in front.
- Hold the dumbbell using each hand
- Lower the weight while hinging your hips
- Rise and repeat it three times
- Bend your right leg slightly and pulse the left leg upwards and back for 10-13 times.
- Return where you started and repeat the sequence.
It is advisable to perform band walk with the resistance band held above the knee before the exercise.