The Girlie Girl Way Of Choosing The Handmade Beaded Jewelry
You are looking to buy a handmade beaded jewelry piece, in particular a handmade necklace, but how to choose the right one? Not sure of which style or length would look great on you? Then read on and follow these tips:
The most important factor in choosing the correct handmade necklace design for yourself starts with looking at your reflection in the mirror. Consider the following:
- Are you tall with a slender neck? Then chocker or collar necklaces are for you, as well as princess necklaces (18” long) that sit at the base of your neck.
- If you have a short or neck, then wear the longer necklaces – matinee (23” long), opera (30”-36” long), a graduated necklace, or go for the very long lariats or rope necklaces (+36” long). Their long visual lines will help in extending the length of your neck.
- If you are of average height and weight, then all the options above are open to you.
- If your neck tends to be on the chunky side, then we recommend staying away from the short length necklaces and wearing graduated necklaces, the longer opera or rope necklaces.
- Then ponder the “cleavage issue.” Are you modest and tend to wear clothing that doesn’t show cleavage? Then necklaces that are short or very long, that tend to draw the eye away from your chest, are the ones you are looking for. Or are you daring and flirty? If showing some décolleté is your style, then having the knot of a lariat in the center of your breastbone or a pendant ending there will certainly bring additional glances. It makes a difference where a necklace sits on your chest, and you must ask yourself what are you trying to emphasize, or not?
All right, next you are ready to reflect on fashion and style factors. You know that handmade beaded jewelry is the perfect solution – so many gorgeous styles to choose from. But which one is best for you? That depends on your style and existing wardrobe.
When thinking about your style think about your body type – is it petite? Then we suggest wearing pieces that are dainty – smaller beads that, even when layered, will not overwhelm your size. Larger women will feel comfortable wearing the chunkier, heavier beads that are so fashionable today. Lifestyle is also of overwhelming importance, what do you spend your week doing? What are weekends like? No doubt your need for handmade beaded jewelry changes, from causal to dressy and everything in between as do your outfits.
When choosing a beaded necklace, bear in mind whether the necklace will contrast with the outfit and stand out or do you prefer a monotone look where everything blends beautifully together? Will the neckline allow the necklace to sit on your skin or will the handmade necklace sit on the fabric? Is the focal point the jewelry piece or the outfit itself? With so many questions, do you need help with the answers? The great thing about shopping online is that, assuming you are home, you can place the outfit next to your computer and go exploring, all while wearing your jammies.
Choosing handmade beaded jewelry, in particular a handmade necklace, can be daunting task, but there is a great resource available at http://www.girliegirlsjewelrystudio.com website. This is a small Southern California design company that specializes in creating custom handcrafted jewelry. They are Girlie Girls themselves, designing and wearing their one of a kind jewelry comes naturally. Visit their website and let them custom design a stylish and stunning piece for you.