What Are the Best Sleep Aids on the Market?
Not getting enough sleep can be detrimental on both your mental and physical well being. At the very least, you’ll feel cranky or like you’re in a cloud when you don’t get enough sleep.
At its worst, a loss of sleep can begin impairing your physical health. A lack of sleep has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease, depression, obesity, and even cancer! If you want to stay healthy, you’ll get plenty of rest.
But what if it doesn’t come that easy for you? What if you crawl into bed by 8 o’clock and can’t drift off to dreamland until five hours later? That happens to many men and women, and if you’re one of them, you might want to seek out the best sleeping aids on the market, which are:
- Sleep Apnea Masks – if you find you’re snoring and gasping for breath as you stop breathing during the night, a sleep apnea mask might be the cure for you. These masks force air through your airways, helping you get a good night’s rest, but also potentially saving your life.
- Sleep Mattresses – it might just be a better mattress that you need. Is yours old or outdated? Is it too firm or not firm enough? You might want to invest in a mattress that can help cradle you into a slumber.
- Sleep Medication – there are a variety of prescribed and over the counter sleeping aids in medicinal form that might help you fall asleep (and stay there) for a full night’s duration. Start with an over the counter version and if that’s not effective, ask your doctor what prescriptions might be available to help you.
- Sleeping Hypnosis Aids – hypnosis is used to treat all sorts of disorders, including insomnia. You’re not put into a trance where you’re out of control, but you do learn how to relax into a state of peace and rest. There are all sorts of do it yourself hypnosis for sleep products on the market if you’d prefer not to see a professional.
- Sleeping Herbal Solutions – there are many herbs that are known to promote rest and relaxation. It may be as simple as having lavender vapors surrounding you as you try to get into a deep sleep.
Getting a good night’s rest is important for you to achieve today. Don’t put this off until your brain is in a cloudlike fog where you’re not thinking clearly enough to make informed decisions about what treatment is best for you – take it into your hands today and test the various methods mentioned above to see what works best for you.